The Next Big Thing?
Thanks to Kylie Bullivant, I get to answer the following questions about my current WiP:
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
It's a sequel to my unpublished novel When the Skies Fell. I'm thinking...epic trilogy at some point.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Post-apocalyptic spiritual fantasy, or science fiction without the troublesome science.
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Cate Blanchett, Kate Beckinsale, Amy Adams, Clive Owen, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Hemsworth. Scratch that. Patrick Stewart would play every part, and it would be incredible.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Maybe something like: "In what remains of a world plagued by infertility, the offspring of genetic mutants are the only hope for the future." Still working on it.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I'll query it around after When the Skies Fell gets picked up by an agent.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Two years to pound out 150K; Write1Sub1 got in the way for a while there...
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The Stand by Stephen King; The Passage by Justin Cronin; Dune by Frank Herbert
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Honestly? I had a dream: I saw a man with an eagle's foot standing on a hill overlooking a barren, post-apocalyptic plain. In the distance was a domed city that had to be destroyed at all costs.
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
It mingles the hero's journey with a story of redemption and sacrifice, animal reincarnation, and the belief in a loving Creator despite cataclysmic human suffering.
So, who's next? In case you haven't already been tagged, I'd like to pass it on to Erin Cole, Roland Yeomans, and Martin Willoughby.